American Parks Trail end Denver (Summer 2019)
Brochure Type: USA and Canada 2019
A trip for the brave, delve into the Wild West as you make your away across a rugged land famous for cowboys and rodeo. You'll come face-to-face with some monumental figures, while a day at Deadwood will teach you about the fascinating days of notable figures including Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane. You'll witness the wild charms of Yellowstone National Park after hours as you stay the night in the park's popular lodges, while all-American breakfasts and hearty ranch food will keep you fueled throughout your journey.
- UCross: Spend your morning doing as the locals do, exploring your surroundings by horseback with a gentle ride (waiver required) led by a Local Expert.
- Deadwood: Enjoy an audience with Lakota tribe members as they share a live narrative of the Great Sioux Nation.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town's notable residents aboard Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour with a Local Expert.
- Salt Lake City: Centrally located downtown, the Hilton Salt Lake City Center offers views of the Salt Lake Valley and mountain peaks.
- Grand Teton National Park: Stay right inside the National Park at the desirable Jackson Lake Lodge. One of the largest of all the eco-friendly resorts, with breathtaking views.
- Yellowstone National Park: Insight stays centrally located within the National Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- UCross: Enjoy a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere during your stay at the Ranch at UCross with the natural scenic beauty of the surroundings.
- Spearfish: Deep in the heart of beautiful canyons you will find Spearfish Canyon Lodge. Built and decorated in the style of the old lodges of the West.
- Custer State Park: Insight stays centrally located within the State Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- San Francisco: See the iconic cable cars, Union Square and Golden Gate Bridge.
- Sonoma: Browse the unique shops on the historic Sonoma Plaza.
- Yosemite National Park: Experience the park's natural beauty and wildlife. See the El Capitan and Half Dome rock formations.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea: Browse the art galleries and shops in this quaint beach city.
- San Joaquin Valley: Stop at a historic fruit stand where seasonal delights are grown, farmed, and sold.
- Scenic Drives: 17-Mile Drive past the Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- Los Angeles: Drive along Sunset Boulevard, see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
- Sedona: Visit this Red Rock Country artists' colony, set in Sedona's majestic red rock landscape.
- Glen Canyon: Visit the dam that stands 710 feet or 216 meters high, and provides water and power to western communities.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
- Grand Teton National Park: Take in panoramic views of the beautiful Jenny Lake, a glacial formation that dates back over 10,000 years.
- Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American's traded wool and livestock.
- Yellowstone: See Upper Geyser Basin, which boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- Black Hills: Witness the huge Crazy Horse Memorial and the famous Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
- Custer: Toast to the finale of your trip at your Celebration Dinner served at your lodge within Custer State Park.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (631) 226-9700 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14020122
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Salt Lake City||Arrive in Salt Lake City.: Welcome to Utah's capital, Salt Lake City. On arrival at Salt Lake City International Airport, board your transfer to your hotel. Lying between Wasatch Range and the Great Salt Lake, this mountainous city is perfect for outdoorsy types, with a strong focus on skiing and fishing. It is also the headquarters of the Mormon faith. At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine, where you will meet your fellow guests. (Dinner with Wine)|
Hilton Salt Lake City Center.
|Day 2||Grand Teton National Park||Jackson and Grand Teton National Park.: As you move on from Salt Lake City, take in iconic Temple Square and State Capitol building, before heading north across the Oregon Trail to historic Jackson. Have your cameras ready for the famous elk antlers that adorn the central square, and for eager shoppers there are a number of charming traditional boutiques to browse. Relax at Jackson Lake Lodge, where you'll be presented with the stunning peaks of Grand Teton National Park. (Breakfast)|
Jackson Lake Lodge.
|Day 3||Yellowstone National Park||Yellowstone National Park.: Wake up to a mountainous view like no other and witness the striking Grand Tetons thrust skyward 6,562 feet (2,000 metres) from the valley floor. In keeping with today's rustic country charm, you'll enter Yellowstone, the world's first National Park. Known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife, you'll experience Wyoming in all its glory. Keep an eye out for black bears or wolves. Tonight you'll stay in the National Park Lodges, allowing you to experience the park after hours, in its natural glory. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
National Park Lodges, Yellowstone.
|Day 4||Yellowstone National Park||Geysers and Colourful Mudpots at Yellowstone.: Savour the surreal surroundings of Yellowstone with a relaxed start. Walk among the rainbow tinted hot springs and watch the erupting geysers as you take in the history of the park on an informative stroll with your Travel Director. Catch the renowned colourful bubbling mud pots and observe Old Faithful geyser shooting water over 120 feet (37 metres) into the air. You'll behold the powerful roar of Lower Yellowstone Falls, before heading back to your Park Lodge rooms. The National Park is also famous for its wildlife, so keep an eye out for the Yellowstone ram, wolves, bears and elk. (Breakfast)|
National Park Lodges, Yellowstone.
|Day 5||Clearmont||The Ranch at Ucross.: Set off on your travels through the stark Shoshone Canyon and Absaroka Rocky Mountains to the Wild West Town of Cody. Channel your inner showman and learn more about America's great Western legends at the Buffalo Bill Centre. End the day in Clearmont, Wyoming where you'll check in to your abode for the night. Here you'll enjoy a ranch style Highlight Dinner with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Ranch at UCross, Clearmont.
|Day 6||Lead||Devils Tower into the Black Hills.: Live the American frontier dream and begin your day with a scenic country horseback ride (waiver required). If playing cowboy isn't your thing, perhaps go fishing or merely relax and take in your beautiful surroundings, the choice is yours. Make your way to Devils Tower, an astounding geological feature that protrudes out of the surrounding the Black Hills. This symbolic landmark is considered sacred to the Lakota and other tribes. Experience Spearfish Canyon, a favoured spot among wildlife enthusiasts and one famous for its elvish woodland beauty. The limestone palisades of this creek-carved gorge are more ancient than the Grand Canyon. (Breakfast)|
Spearfish Canyon Lodge.
|Day 7||Custer State Park||Custer and the Wild, Wild West.: A day for those looking to explore the wild west, try to spot pronghorn antelope as you cross the great high plains to the Black Hills of South Dakota. Once in Deadwood, you'll also get to speak to members of the Lakota tribe as they share a fascinating live narrative of the Great Sioux Nation. You'll have the opportunity to join Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour, while a Local Expert will talk about the days of Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane, who made this once lawless town famous during the Gold Rush of the 1870s. Continue on to Custer State Park, renowned for its beautiful landscape and abundant wildlife. (Breakfast)|
The State Game Lodge, Custer State Park.
|Day 8||Custer State Park||The Mountain Monuments of the Black Hills of South Dakota.: What better way to spend your last full day than delving further into the history of this fascinating country? You'll start by viewing Crazy Horse Memorial which is dedicated to all Native Americans, before moving on to the iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial. Here, carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt dominate the Black Hills. The rest of the day is yours to explore in Custer State Park. Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Celebration Dinner with wine, as you reflect on your adventure across the wide open spaces of America's national parks. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The State Game Lodge, Custer State Park.
|Day 9||Denver||Depart Denver.: Travel south from Custer State Park where your tour ends on arrival in Denver. A transfer is available to Denver International Airport. Airport arrival in Denver will be at 16:30. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. For activities marked with a (8) in the day-by-day itinerary, participation is at your own risk and a signed liability waiver will be required.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class